Yesterday one of my best friends and fellow bridesmaids from my wedding got hitched! I always liked going to weddings and love being a part of them even more. I really don’t need much of an excuse to party. So, with that being said…I love weddings even more now that I’m married. There’s something about dancing with your husband that, for me, that makes me giddy. Call me old-fashioned, call me a bleeding heart, call me whatever you want…but here’s why being married at a wedding is awesome. PS – I’m actually wearing my bridesmaid dress again this summer for another outing. Don’t judge me.
- You always have someone to dance with.
- You have your biggest fan with you. I had to give the speech at the reception and knowing he was there made it awesome.
- After said speech I wreaked of sweat and anxiety. No judgement from my other half on that one either. A stranger would have walked away. And I wouldn’t have blamed him…
- This guy is on point when it comes to grabbing drinks.
- It’s fun to dress up–I don’t see Keith dressed off often because of his job. A man in a suit is even sexier when you don’t see it all the time!
- Someone always knows where your purse is and what’s in it for those quick touch-ups.
- Let’s be real, it’s dinner, dancing, and party time. It’s like a built in date night. I like date night.
We have two more weddings this summer. The next one we’re guests at, and the third Keith is the best man. Happy wedding season, indeed! Now…here’s what you should be bringing with you!
- Flats, unless you’re a dirty hippy like me. I went naked with my feet as soon as we hit the head table.
- Lipgloss and a small pallet! I love my Too Faced Boudoir Eyes, E.L.F. Hypershine gloss, and Pacifica Devocean Lipstick in Tenderness.
- These Box Naturals Wipes in Rosewater or Lavender. They’re perfect for freshening up!
As I said, weddings are fun as heck! Pack a little survival kit and have a great time spreading the love. Don’t forget to sign the guestbook.