I don’t do the whole new year thing these days. At the risk of sounding like a real spiritual douche, I used to gather books, affirmations, and have all of these ideas of what I thought I would do once the new year was rung in. Self help books? DONE! Green smoothie recipes. Yep. Check. Annoying everyone in my household? That too. And…then I didn’t do any of it. And I’d get down on myself.
As a teacher, my year really kicks off in the summer. That’s when all of the energy I put into planning, momming, and trying to make all of it look easy comes to a close. For me, June is the time to work on personal development, self care, and all of those other hashtags infiltrating the blogosphere. So this summer here’s what I’m doing and why:
- 10,000 steps per day – I’m home all day! There’s no reason not to get moving, especially with a toddler.
- Get a tan–but not burned.
- Have some oil classes – because ya’ll need them, and I need to chill with other mamas.
- Rework my creative space.
- Collect more crystals–HINT HINT, Keith….if you’re reading.
- Read more books! My 2019 book count is embarrassing.
Overall, I’m looking forward to this summer. I’m feeling good about myself, my mindset is on point, and I’m excited to have a summer with a toddler who actually wants to go places and do cool things. How about you?