Before you say to me “I don’t get snow days…” STOP! Snow days can be any day you’re stuck home. If you live in the North East like I do, that tends to happen more often than not. I used to hate snow days when I lived home. I wanted to see my friends, go to school, and not be stuck with my parents. Now? I’ll take any excuse to stay in my PJ’s, get things done, and hang out with my baby boy and pup. Looking for something productive to do with your time? Here’s what I love doing on my snow days!
- Try a new recipe! When I’m stuck home, I get this weird innate desire to cook. Yeah, me, cook. I know it’s funny. I hate cooking under normal circumstances. But, a snow day gets me inspired to cook something that has a feel good stick to your ribs vibe. I’ve also been known to make a loaf of bread upon the first snow fall. My next crockpot adventure? This delicious and amazing risotto that claims to be easy, cheesy, and all around heavenly. Find a recipe that makes enough for leftovers for the week and lunches are also taken care of. Done, and done!
- Clean out your closet! Anytime I’m stuck inside I get the urge to purge. FORGET about your regular cleaning routine. You can cram that in any other day like you normally do. Or, forget about it and ignore what’s happening in the bathroom. Today is for productive cleaning and downsizing. Take anything out of your closet that you haven’t touched in a year. Donate it. Get it out of the house. Do the same thing for your kid’s room. Toys they haven’t played with? Gone! When you go back to work, drop it off at a donation center and feel ten times lighter!
- Smudge the house: This is something that is productive for ME, so do with it what you will. My house gets heavy sometimes. My husband and I both work, my Mom is here with Leo, and we have company often. So, a lot of energy gets passed through the doors. Sometimes it gets “stuck” and that can change the entire vibe of the home. Grab some white sage, light it, and go through the corners and rooms of your home. I focus on places that hold a lot of electronics in the home as well while saying something positive like, “I release any stagnant energy and welcome fresh light.” Do what speaks to you!
- Grocery Shop: New online places for groceries are popping up all. the. time. I’m obsessed with Amazon Fresh! Their produce is awesome and it’s delivered by USPS. You pick the time and leave the bags on your porch for your mail carrier to pick up. Less waste, less plastic, and no lines.
- Take a Nap: I am my best self when I am well rested. I nap with Leo when I feel like I need it. Have a bunch of kids? My friend builds a giant fort in the living room teepee style and they all nap or rest in it. I don’t care what anyone says; you’re never too old for a nap.