Tempeh is life. So much so that I’ve been crafting a perfectly lightly battered recipe for the top of my salads. Christa of Anarchy Kitchen inspired me to get on my game with cooking, so here it is! This recipe adds some delicious crunch and texture to almost any dish (and buffalo sauce can be added for a spicy kick, too!) Obsessed? Basically!
- 1 pkg. 5 grain tempeh)
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. EVOO
- Spices to taste (garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, oregano)
- Steam tempeh for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix cornstarch and spices together in a small bowl.
- When Tempeh is done let cool and lightly coat in flour mixture.
- Gently place in EVOO and fry until golden brown.