If you’ve been following me for a while, you know that I’m into essential oils and diffusers. I love candles, but I’ve been looking toward more natural ways of adding fragrance to my home. Essential oils are in almost everything! You truly cannot get more natural. When I first got into them I diffused oils in my office and classroom a lot. I also made some DIY cleaners for the house and read online about other uses so I could get the full effects. New to oils? Here are my top 5 favorite ways to use them!
- Freshen up the Garbage Disposal – this is my favorite thing to do because it’s so darn easy. We use our garbage disposal every day, so a lot of nasty stuff gets thrown down it. I used to use harsh chemical cleaners to keep it smelling good…totally gross! Instead I simply use 10 drops of lemon oil with cool water and run the disposal three times a week. Done!
- Diffuse based on the seasons. Now that Fall is next up on my season list, I like to use oils like Cinnamon, Clove, or Orange oils for the fall and switch to Lemon and Lavender for the Spring (which also helps with allergies!)
- Make my own lip balm. I tried this recipe way back when and it was awesome! I didn’t have any cute bottles or glasses to put it in unfortunately. You can omit the beeswax to make this 100% vegan.
- Natural makeup brush cleaner! I wrote this awesome post at Divalicious about DIY Brush Cleaner. It’s so easy! Do it right now and have clean beautiful brushes. ðŸ™‚
- Cleaning made easy: Hello Glow is my go-to for all of my essential oil recipes. I’m loving Lemon, Peppermint, and Wild Orange for all of my cleansing needs.
What types of natural essential oils do you like to use?